The inspectors observe the following systems/components:
Exterior Components :
- Landscaping – its effects on the foundation.
- Siding, trim, exterior windows and storms-general condition of each.
- Roof, chimney, flashing, valleys-evidence of water penetration, materials, conditions.
- Gutters, downspouts-general condition, effects of dampness in basement and its ability to carry off rainwater.
- Driveways, patios, decks, porches-general condition.
Interior Components :
Walls, floors, ceilings, windows
General condition of each
All visible fixtures, pipes and drains tested for operation
Outside entrance wiring, service panel and visible wiring inspected. Random testing of outlets.
Visible portion of system and components.
Visible roof sheathing, ventilation, insulation and framing.
foundation integrity and evidence of moisture penetration.